ASSERT Treatment Model
The ASSERT Treatment Model / Program
- A Comprehensive Evidence Based Practice (EBP) for youth and young adult substance use.
- The ASSERT Treatment Model is a new treatment for youth and young adults up to 21 years old with opioid use problems.
ASSERT Treatment Model Services
The ASSERT Treatment Model combines three services:
- Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT)
MDTF is an intensive, family-centered treatment for youth with substance use and co-co-occurring mental health problems.
- Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT)
MAT for opioid use problems is available within the ATM program for those youth who need and want it. (MAT is not required.)
- Recovery Management Checkups and Support (RMCS)
RMCS starts after MDFT treatment ends and provides monitoring, re-connection to services and supports through linkages to community and peer programs; up to 12 months of support after treatment ends.
CT Connections Brochure (Toolkit)(MDFT)
It can be a scary time when a young person is in crisis, or if you are a parent with a teen that is using drugs. There are important things you can do to help in either situation. This booklet was created for Connecticut parents, love ones and teens to explain youth drug use screening, treatment and support options. Our goal is to help you find support and treatment options in state. It is important to know all services included in this booklet are publicly funded. There may be other options available to you or your family through your insurance or self-pay.Download Brochure